Skip to content

Bloxkrieg Updates, Boing Submitted For Release

Hey there, everyone! It’s been a minute since my last update, but I wanted to share with you the progress I’ve made on my two game projects, Bloxkrieg and Boing.

Let’s start with Bloxkrieg. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been updating the game and submitting these changes to Google Play for review. Unfortunately, several of these updates were rejected for being in violation of the Families policy. After investigating the issue, I realized that my AdMob settings were set to send ads for any audience, which meant that I wasn’t tagging requests as for children. I submitted another code change to cater for this, but these builds were still subsequently rejected for the same reason.

Long story short, I have recategorized Bloxkrieg as “for teens,” and the updates are now actually available on Google Play! I hope you enjoy the changes I’ve made to the game, including increasing the ball weight, balancing the box weight, adjusting the blocker collider, enhancing the level and powerup box generators, and fixing issues with the advert container.

Latest version of Bloxkrieg, now on Google Play!

Moving on to Boing, I’m excited to announce that I’ve just submitted the game to Google Play, so hopefully, it should be available soon! I actually started working on Boing before Bloxkrieg, and the general idea has been “working” for a while. However, releasing Bloxkrieg has already taught me an important lesson – testing the application on as many devices as possible.

To improve the game play experience, I changed the random level generation mechanism to use pooling instead of instantiating prefabs. This resulted in smoother overall game play, with fewer frame drops on mobile devices. I also increased the number of unique map tiles available to the generator to increase the overall level diversity, and put some rules in place to influence which tiles are chosen.

The current build of Boing! running on PC

I also made some changes to the game’s scenes. Boing did originally contain multiple scenes – with a standalone scene for the splash screen. However, I moved this into the main scene with a camera switch, which has made the game much smoother and provided more detail on the splash screen, as the game level generates in the background.

Overall, I’m excited about the progress I’ve made on both games, and I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback on the changes to Bloxkrieg and the release of Boing! Thank you for your support, and stay tuned for more updates!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *